Waiver of Liability
Welcome to the John Hancock ServiceNet website. JH ServiceNet is intended to be used by the general public. Portions of the site are only accessible by Registered Users. As a Registered User you may use John Hancock ServiceNet to access your personal account or accounts that you have been authorized to administer. You are eligible to register if you are currently the owner or authorized administrator of a policy(ies) issued by one of the John Hancock companies. Registrations received that do not meet this requirement will not be accepted.
The following is important information related to the protection and confidentiality of John Hancock ServiceNet. If you have any questions about registration or the information below, please feel free to contact us at 1-888-888-8856
Privacy and Security
At John Hancock, we are committed to providing information to our customers on the Internet in a secure and private manner.
Efforts have been made to provide information in John Hancock ServiceNet that is complete, accurate and up-to-date, however, John Hancock does not represent or warrant the completeness, timeliness or accuracy of the content of John Hancock ServiceNet including without limitation; information, text, graphics, links or other items contained in John Hancock ServiceNet. Furthermore all information conveyed herein is provided to you "AS IS" and any action that you take based on the information contained in John Hancock ServiceNet is your sole responsibility.
Care and Control of Password
You are responsible for the care and control of your password to preserve the confidentiality and security of your information. Your password must be at least 8 characters in length and should contain three of the following:
- Upper Case
- Lower Case
- At least one number
- At least one special character
Please note: letters and numbers may not be repeated 3 or more times.
Although John Hancock does not require you to change the password periodically, we recommend that for security purposes you change the password every 45 days.
You must maintain your password safely at all times, which includes:
- Keeping your password confidential at all times
- Taking reasonable precautions to ensure that no-one discovers your password while you are typing it at a computer
- Avoiding password combinations that may be easily determined by others, such as birthdays, phone numbers, etc.
- Contacting your business manager immediately, if an unauthorized person comes to know your password. Also change the password immediately, by using the "Change Password" screen.
Your Responsibilities as a User
Your password is reserved strictly for your own use. If someone else uses it, you will be required to prove that you took reasonable steps to protect it in the event of unauthorized use.
You are responsible for the full amount of all authorized activity resulting from the use of your User Name and Password for any service by any person, including any entry error or fraudulent transaction.
You are responsible for the full amount of unauthorized activity with respect to any service, which occurs before we receive notification that your password may have become known to an unauthorized person. On receiving such a notice, we will promptly block the ability to access our services.
Please note that you contribute to unauthorized access and use if you do not comply with the provisions of the 'Care and Control of Password' section of this agreement.
Email to John Hancock
If you have any technical questions or have difficulty registering onto John Hancock ServiceNet please contact John Hancock at 1-888-888-8856. Alternately, you may wish to send an e-mail message to us. To keep your information confidential, this John Hancock website is protected during the electronic transmission process by 2048 bit encryption, the highest level available. Encryption is a method of encoding information so that unauthorized individuals cannot read it. However, John Hancock cannot assure this security for electronic transmissions sent outside of this website.
Agreement with John Hancock
By registering to use John Hancock ServiceNet, you are agreeing that John Hancock and its directors, officers, employees or shareholders of John Hancock shall not be liable for any damages, including direct, incidental, ordinary, punitive, exemplary, indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of or related to the use of or materials relating to the John Hancock ServiceNet Web Site. In addition, you agree that:
- While you may access and download information or content on John Hancock Service Net, you may not alter any proprietary or confidential information that is provided thereon
- Any and all information and/or content on John Hancock ServiceNet remains the sole and exclusive property of John Hancock and is considered to be confidential information
- You do not and will not acquire any proprietary interest in any material found on John Hancock ServiceNet
- You will not use John Hancock ServiceNet, or any portion thereof, in any manner that may infringe upon any proprietary or intellectual proprietary interests that John Hancock or any third party may have in John Hancock ServiceNet
- You will only access and use the materials solely for obtaining information or transacting business relating to your policy(ies) with John Hancock
- You acknowledge and agree that other World Wide Web sites for which connections may be provided in this site by hypertext links are entirely independent of John Hancock ServiceNet. The inclusion of hypertext links to any third party in John Hancock ServiceNet shall not in any way be construed as an endorsement by John Hancock of such party's Web Site, products or services
John Hancock may, in its sole discretion, and at any time, modify, suspend or terminate the services provided to you through John Hancock ServiceNet without notice.